Instructions For Fit & Use
Dr. Brux was created by an Italian dental company with a long experience of
producing single intraoral devices, used by dentists for mouth care, prevention
and protection. Carefully follow the instructions below to obtain a correct
custom fit. Adjustment should be made on the upper teeth:
1. Hold the "VDC System" adjustment device
(plastic arch or Dipstick, as we call it) with the curved end pointing
downwards and insert it in the night guard, starting from one of the two
lateral holes. Once the first pin has been inserted expand the arch in
such a way to line up the arch pins into the three front tray holes. And now
finish off by inserting the second lateral pin into the night guard.
2. Before starting to custom fit the night guard, put it in
your mouth to gain comfort and familiarity.
3. Holding the Disptick with the night guard as illustrated,
completely immerse the night guard into boiling water for 6 seconds. Do not
exceed 6 seconds as the night guard could lose its shape.
4. Take the night guard out of the water and shake off any
excess water. It should be warm to the touch, but not hot enough to burn.
5. Insert the night guard in your mouth and bite gently. Now,
with your lips closed, suck in air for approximately one minute to create a
vaccum so the night guard can fit perfectly to your teeth.
6. Take the guard out of your mouth and hold it under cold
water for 2 minutes. Now, take out the Dipstick and your night guard is ready
for nightly use.
1. Do not throw the Dipstick away as you may want to re-mold the night
guard every so often.
2. If the night guard is not comfortable or does not fit well, repeat
the steps above with great care to Step 5.
3. If the night guard proves to be too long, or if you see any defects
or bends in the night guard after customization you can shorten it by trimming
any excess with a small pair of scissors.
4. Before storing your night guard away in its case, clean it by
brushing with a normal toothbrush and cold water.
5. Never wash the night guard with hot water and avoid placing it near
heat, as it may become unstable and lose its shape.
Dr. Brux may be reshaped several times without its characteristics changing,
so if it does not fit well, have no fear, you can always reshape Dr. Brux.
The Dr. Brux Night Guard is designed for permanent, not deciduous
(milk) teeth. In cases of dental, gingival or TMJ disorders,
orthodontic devices or removable dentures, ask your dentist before using Dr.